To Eat: Vegan Chickpea "Chicken" Salad
June 2018 // By Natalie Jean
I am so excited to share this recipe with you today! Mark and I have been trying to eat a little healthier over the last few months and I'd say we've been doing a pretty good job (aside from the pizza we ordered earlier this week at 11pm...oops!)
For lunch the other day I took a classic recipe and gave it a vegan (and tasty) twist! You can use this chickpea "chicken" salad mix to top a salad, make a sandwich on rye bread, fill a pita, or just eat as is. Delicious any way! Plus, pairing it with your favorite flavored seltzer makes it even better. Enjoy!
Vegan Chickpea "Chicken" Salad Pitas
Prep Time: 8 minutes
(about 3 cups)
- 15 oz. can if chickpeas
- 2 Tbs. Vegan Mayo
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 small bunch of grapes, cut in half (about 12-15 grapes)
- 1 handful of unsalted cashews, chopped
- 2 sprigs of fresh dill, chopped
- dash of salt
- dash of pepper
- squeeze of lemon juice
- Pita Pockets
- In a medium bowl, lightly mash chickpeas. They'll still be chunky, that's fine.
- Add mayo, celery, and cashews. Stir.
- Add the salt, pepper, dill, and onions. Stir and then incorporate grapes.
- Squeeze lemon juice over the mixture and stir one last time.
- Cut the pita in half and fill with lettuce and salad mixture.
Powered by Recipage
This looks so yummy! I love cooking vegan recipes every now and then because they're so creative and inspiring to me. I'll have to try this one out!ReplyDelete
They definitely are. Enjoy!Delete
MMM!! I'm so glad you did a post on this!! I saw it on your stories I think and I got so excited. Definitely saving for later to make hopefully next week!ReplyDelete
YES its delish. Enjoy!Delete
This looks SO GOOD! I love roasted chickpeas so I think I'll love them in this too - I'm going to try this out!ReplyDelete
I hope you like it! It's so yummy :)Delete
I am always looking for meat alternatives, so I can't wait to try this!ReplyDelete