To Eat: Vegan Chickpea "Chicken" Salad
June 2018 // By Natalie Jean
I am so excited to share this recipe with you today! Mark and I have been trying to eat a little healthier over the last few months and I'd say we've been doing a pretty good job (aside from the pizza we ordered earlier this week at 11pm...oops!)
For lunch the other day I took a classic recipe and gave it a vegan (and tasty) twist! You can use this chickpea "chicken" salad mix to top a salad, make a sandwich on rye bread, fill a pita, or just eat as is. Delicious any way! Plus, pairing it with your favorite flavored seltzer makes it even better. Enjoy!
Vegan Chickpea "Chicken" Salad Pitas
Prep Time: 8 minutes
(about 3 cups)
- 15 oz. can if chickpeas
- 2 Tbs. Vegan Mayo
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 small bunch of grapes, cut in half (about 12-15 grapes)
- 1 handful of unsalted cashews, chopped
- 2 sprigs of fresh dill, chopped
- dash of salt
- dash of pepper
- squeeze of lemon juice
- Pita Pockets
- In a medium bowl, lightly mash chickpeas. They'll still be chunky, that's fine.
- Add mayo, celery, and cashews. Stir.
- Add the salt, pepper, dill, and onions. Stir and then incorporate grapes.
- Squeeze lemon juice over the mixture and stir one last time.
- Cut the pita in half and fill with lettuce and salad mixture.
Powered by Recipage