To Eat: Lemony Kale and Seared Tofu Salad
May 2018 // By Natalie Jean
So excited to share this recipe with you! I've been trying to eat more greens, mainly kale. Some kale salads I absolutely love and others are gross. This one is not only tasty, but easy to make right at home! Try it out and let me know what you think!
Lemony Kale and Seared Tofu Salad
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Keywords: salad vegan vegetarian
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 Tablespoons Sunflower Seed Oil (flax seed oil works too, or just double the EVOO)
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Juice half a lemon
- 2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 cups raw kale, chopped or torn
- 1/2 can of Cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1/2 inch seared tofu, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- shaved parmesan cheese (optional)
Add all the dressing ingredients to small mason jar with lid and shake! (you could also be less fun and just stir it in a bowl)
Pat tofu dry with paper towel and cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a hot pan and sear tofu on each side, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and lay on a plate lined with paper towel.
Rinse and chop/tear kale and add to large salad bowl.
Rinse beans and add to salad.
Add almond slivers.
Add tofu pieces and toss.
Top with shaved parmesan (omit if making vegan salad) and dressing. Enjoy!
Serves 4 as a side salad or 2 for a meal.
Powered by Recipage