How To Pack An Overseas Carry-On + A Travel Playlist.
If you've been following along with A Tiny Traveler or any of my social media, you may have noticed that I'm going on a vacation... to France! I can hardly believe it because I never thought in a million years I would get to go on a trip to Europe with one of my dearest friends. Staying focused on any task has been difficult because I am just so excited.
As I was packing I realized that figuring out what is necessity and what is just extra weight is super important, as well as what to bring in my carry-on. We have a 10 hour flight and then a 15 hour layover and then another 3 and a half hour flight until we actually get to France. Ho-ly-cow. So packing a proper carry-on is crucial!
I've decided to pack everything in my backpack from Herschel because its the sturdiest bag I've ever owned and I feel like I can trust it most for a 28 hour trip! I always start with essentials and then build from there, making sure my bag isn't too heavy or cumbersome so traveling with it is easy.
- Passport (very important)
- Plane ticket + ID
- Money (we'll need to get our meals in the airport considering we'll basically be living there for a day)
- A book (at least 200 pages so I don't run out of something to do)
- Advil + bandaids (just in case)
- A travel pillow + blanket (we'll be sleeping in an airport Wednesday night)
- Hand Sanitizer (yes, please)
- Travel size deodorant, toothpaste, and toothbrush
- Headphones, phone charger, and cell phone
- A really good playlist
- French translation book
It might seem like a lot, but it all fits perfectly in my bag and doesn't really weigh much either. I made a 40-song playlist for when we're traveling and shared it below for you to enjoy as well! Wish us luck on our super long travel itinerary!