A few weeks ago, I received a blogging nomination from Kelly! Today, I'm going to accept the nomination and answer a few of her questions for the "Sisterhood of the World Bloggers" award, as well as nominate a few other blogs!
1) What is your favorite quote or Bible verse?
My favorite Bible verse currently is Romans 15:5. It talks about unity among believers and how we are to work together for the kingdom of God. I have so many favorite quotes! Here are two that I love (trust me there are a ton!)
“The answer to anxiety is the adoration of Christ.” // Ann Voskamp
"I look at her and light goes all through me." // Charles Bukowski
2) What is the most interesting food you have ever eaten?
Well, in Africa a few years ago I ate Spring Buck and Antelope. It was interesting.. I've also eaten calamari before which some people love and some people hate. I don't really risk eating strange foods... although some of my family finds it odd that I eat kale and chia seeds and garbanzo beans.
3) If you could re-live any moment in your life / or live in a different time period, what would it be? I would love to live in the 70s. Naturally I want to say the roaring 20s, but the style and freedoms of the 70s are really intriguing. Anyone ever see American Hustle?
4) Did you make any resolutions for the New Year? If so, what were they?
I made the resolution to be healthier overall, emotionally, physically, mentally, and spiritually. So far it's going well! I also made the resolution to do well in all of my classes this semester and I think that I might achieve it!
5) What would you say is your “Spirit Animal”? Tina from Bob's Burgers. Jeff Goldblum. Bill Murray. Or maybe I just want to be them...
6) If you could have lunch with Amy Poehler (because obviously, we all want to be her best friend), what is one question you would ask her? Hmmm... I'm not sure. I think I'd ask her for advice on not going crazy with all the chaotic stressfulness of life. Or maybe what her favorite episode of Parks and Rec is.
7) If your life was made into a movie, what would it be called? Who would play you?
I would want Aubrey Plaza to play me for sure. I'm not sure about a title though... Maybe "The Theory of Growing Up" or "Heart Wide Open."
8) Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Well towards the end of this year, I am getting married. We plan to live in Harrisburg. I hope to have Oakmoss (a project that I'm working on) up and running. I want my blog to grow. I would love to be finishing up grad school and have my degree in Art Therapy.
9) What is your biggest pet peeve? Being late. Or when people breathe and I can hear it.
10) What is one piece of advice you would give to your 18 year old self?
Well, I wrote this to my freshman self. I would probably also say "Stop worrying what people think about you. They don't matter so why are you basing your self worth on their inaccurate thoughts?" Thank you for the nomination, Kelly! And thanks for being interested in my answers blogging friends! I am going to nominate 3 other blogs for this award: Faith // Life With Mrs G + The Artist Holly // Holly Loo Ya Susannah // Simple Moments Stick Same questions ladies! Can't wait to see your responses!